Welcome to Our Office!
GROW Pediatrics is a newly renovated medical office, housing the pediatric practice of Drs. Grady, Owens, Wise, Nurse Practitioner Jessica Thomas, and their staff. Together, we provide medical care to children from birth to late adolescence.
Our 2,300 square foot suite was designed to provide optimal comfort for our families. GROW Pediatrics features five exam rooms (and adding two more this Summer!) and an on-site CLIA-waived laboratory, which allows us to perform a handful of tests in-office, and gives parents the ability to accompany their children during blood draws. Our practice is nearly paperless and uses eClinicalWorks, a leading software application for electronic medical records.
In addition, all four of our providers are Board-Certified and are members of professional pediatric associations. Our pediatricians are Board-Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and are all Fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Our nurse practitioner is Board-Certified by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, and is a member of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners.
We have created an office where your child’s medical visit will flow seamlessly. We have a person dedicated to this flow, a person dedicated to ensuring referrals are completed and followed up on, a procedure for ‘rooming’ our patients, and a procedure for drawing and triple verifying vaccines and medication. Our office is also wheelchair accessible.
We are proud of what we have built, and are honored to have you and your family in our practice!
- Mondays 8am-noon & 1:30-5pm with After Hours Clinic from 5p-7p
- Tuesdays 8am-noon & 1:30-5pm
- Wednesdays 8am-noon & 1:30-5pm
- Thursdays 8am-noon & 1:30-5pm
- Fridays 8am-noon & 1:30-5pm with After Hours Clinic from 5p-7p
- Saturdays 9am-noon (on a rotation with the other practices in our call group)
- Sundays – CLOSED
In addition, we are routinely CLOSED the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
After Hours Care
Our providers share ‘call’ with two other like-minded practices:
- Austex Pediatrics (Dr. Melody Cassels and Dr. Wesley Glazener)
- Children’s Medical Group (Dr. Anna Bell, Dr. Tammy McConnell, and Dr. K. Lindley Dodson)
For after hours needs, we have some options:
- If it is a Monday or Friday, we have After Hours Clinic from 5p-7p
- If it is a Saturday, GROW, Austex, or Children’s Medical Group will have After Hours Clinic from 9a-noon
- Outside After Hours Clinics, the on call provider can be reached by calling Medlink at 512-660-6581
- If your child needs to be seen outside our office hours and After Hours Clinics, we always recommend After Hours, Urgent Care Clinics, and Emergency Departments that are staffed by pediatric medical staff (pediatricians, pediatric nurse practitioners, and pediatric specialists). See our FAQ section below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our goal in offering these policies and procedures is to be responsive to your child’s needs, whether he or she is sick or well, and to allow for the best use of your and your child’s time.
Because our office is so small, we are not able to accept walk-in patients.
If your child is a current patient of our office, or if you are in the process of transferring your child’s care to our office, please give us a call. We will make every effort to see your child as soon as possible.
If we are not your child’s primary care provider, and you are not in the process of transferring care to our office, we ask that you seek care at your child’s current provider’s office, or call your child’s provider’s office for recommendations of where to seek care for urgent matters.
- 3 to 5 days (usually 2 days after hospital discharge)
- 7 to 14 days (also called the ‘2 week well-check’)
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- 3 years
- Once each year thereafter for a visit that includes a physical exam as well as developmental, behavioral, and learning assessments.
If you live South, our other call partners are at Austex Pediatrics!
There are plenty more wonderful practices in and around Austin which we haven’t listed here. There are several parent groups and Facebook pages with reviews that you can read to help you find a good fit. We wish you the best!
We schedule three different types of office visits:
- Routine visits, such as well child examinations, sports physicals, and new patient evaluations
- Follow-up visits for non-urgent problems such as weight checks, asthma, and ADHD
- Urgent visits for acute illness
Our policy is designed to accommodate each patient with the appropriate amount of time to provide the necessary evaluation and management of their condition.
Routine visits take up more time in the office and therefore are more difficult to work into the provider’s schedule. Routine visits are generally booked within two to three months. We ask that you plan as far in advance as possible when requesting an appointment.
Non-urgent follow-up visits may take a week or more to book. We do our best to work with patient schedules, and make every effort to accommodate individual needs. It is essential, however, we maintain availability to see patients with urgent problems.
Urgent problems, such as acute illness and injury, are usually seen within a day or two. If you feel it is necessary to be seen that day, please call our office before 10:00am. If you have an urgent complaint, we will offer you the earliest appointment available, which may be with one of our physicians, or with our nurse practitioner. In these cases, please be flexible. We’re certain you understand it is not possible to see patients on a walk in basis in our small office.
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to accommodate every single request for a same-day appointment. Depending on the urgency of your child’s problem, we may ask you to wait until the following day, or even refer you to urgent care or the emergency department for evaluation.
Some medical problems, such as dehydration, respiratory distress, or serious injuries cannot be treated within an office setting and necessitate more extensive facilities. In these situations, we may recommend immediate assessment in the emergency department (generally at Dell Children’s Medical Center or St. David’s Children’s Hospital).
Please follow this link to read our policy in its entirety: ‘GROW Vaccination Policy‘
We offer after-hours appointments Mondays and Fridays, from 5pm to 7pm. Please call our office at 512-467-7334 to make an after-hours appointment.
We also rotate Saturday morning office hours with Children’s Medical Group and Austex Pediatrics. To make a Saturday morning appointment (for urgent needs only), please call Medlink at 512-660-6581. A Medlink representative will know which of the three offices is open and can give you the phone number to call to make an appointment.
Please call Medlink at 512-660-6581 to reach the on-call provider. We share call with Children’s Medical Group (Drs. Bell, McConnell, & Dodson) and Austex Pediatrics (Drs. Cassels & Glazener). We charge a fee of $25 for each after hours call. If the concern requires urgent attention, we will refer you to the nearest pediatric friendly emergency department or urgent care center. We recommend the following after hours/urgent care clinics:
- 411 Pediatrics After Hours (located in South Austin)
- ADC EasyCare (North & Southwest)
- After Hours Kids (Central)
- ARC Urgent Care (multiple locations in and around Austin)
- Dell Children’s Medical Center (East/Central)
- Dell Children’s ER at Seton Northwest (Northwest)
- Dell Children’s ER at Seton Hays (Southeast)
- St. David’s Children’s Hospital (North)
- Texas Children’s Urgent Care (South)
- Urgent Care for Kids (located in both Cedar Park and Round Rock)
Another great option for assistance after hours is the nurse line for your insurance company. Most insurance companies offer this service to their members free of charge! Please see the back of your insurance card or call the member services number for more information.
- Accountable Health Plan/Interplan Health Group PPO
- Aetna HMO, PPO, POS, EPO
- Aetna Whole Health/Seton Health Alliance
- Ambetter by Superior
- Averde Health PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, PPO, PAR
- Beechstreet PPO
- Cigna PPO, HMO
- First Health PPO
- Healthsmart Accel PPO
- Healthsmart Preferred Care PPO
- Humana PPO, HMO, POS (we are not in-network for HMOx plans)
- Multiplan PPO
- Sendero IdealCare
- Smarthealth (formerly Seton EPN)
- Superior AmBetter
- United Healthcare PPO, HMO, POS, EPO
- United Student Resources (UT Student Division) PPO
- USA Managed Care PPO
We are unable to accept any forms of Medicaid at this time.
In an effort to have the best availability for your family, we ask parents to call us at least 24 hours ahead of a scheduled well visit or four hours prior to a ‘sick’ appointment if you need to cancel. While we understand that unforeseen problems occur, a fee may be charged when these guidelines are not followed.
No-show appointments are those that are not cancelled ahead of time. A fee of $30 will be charged for no-show appointments.
If a patient has not arrived within 10 minutes of their scheduled appointment, our office will call the phone number on file. If the patient arrives more than 15 minutes after the appointment time, we will reschedule the appointment.
Even if we accept your insurance, payment is not guaranteed. Our office does not have information on your individual policy and its coverage. If you receive a notice a service was denied, we ask that you call your insurance company; they can give you a specific reason for the denial. If it was inappropriate or you believe an error was made, we are happy to re-submit your claim as long as it is within your insurance company’s filing limit (which is usually 60-90 days of the date of service).
Please call our billing service, Precision Practice Management, at 866-776-8150, for any billing questions.