Click Here to Register with our Patient Portal
Call us to Schedule An Appointment512-467-7334

If your child gets sick when you are away from home, it’s best to try to see a pediatrician or pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP) as opposed to another provider whenever possible. These professionals have specialized training and experience with children and greater familiarity with childhood illnesses and their treatments. A number of times we have had parents call our office after a visit to an adult medicine physician and have had to encourage them to take the child in again to see a pediatrician or PNP. In some locations there are a lot of urgent care and free standing emergency rooms to choose from, and, if time permits, we advise you to call ahead to find one with a pediatrician or PNP. Remember that our phone nurse is available to help; we can help you determine if your child needs to be seen, and if so where- urgent care vs. emergency department, and what conditions you can safely manage yourself.

Image via Shutterstock