GROW Pediatrics will be closed Monday, September 5th, to allow our staff to spend the day with their families. We will resume normal business hours Tuesday.
We provide emergency telephone coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When you call our office after hours, you will hear a recording that will give you the option to leave a message for our providers on call for a small fee of $25. One of our providers will return your call within 30 minutes. If the concern requires urgent attention, our doctors will refer you to the nearest pediatric friendly emergency department or urgent care center. We recommend the following after hours/urgent care clinics:
- 411 Pediatrics After Hours (located in South Austin)
- ADC EasyCare (North & Soutwest)
- After Hours Kids (Central)
- ARC Urgent Care (multiple locations in and around Austin)
- Dell Children’s Medical Center (East/Central)
- St. David’s Children’s Hospital (North)
- Urgent Care for Kids (located in both Cedar Park and Round Rock)
The American Academy of Pediatrics has a Symptom Checker that you may find helpful – after you follow the link, click on the area of the child where you are observing symptoms, then answer a question or two. This will lead you to a care guide. “The care guides help parents make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide speedy symptom relief for minor illnesses or injuries you can manage on your own.” (AAP)
The American Academy of Pediatrics also has an ‘Ask the Pediatrician‘ feature that lists answers to common questions from parents.
Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday!